Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast-Feeding Dual Pack 28 Day Supply
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 104 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast-Feeding Dual Pack - 56 Tablets and 28 Capsules
Pregnacare Breast-Feeding is specially formulated to help support the nutritional requirements of new mothers throughout the postnatal period and while breast-feeding. During this time a healthy, varied diet is vital for new mothers, to help produce nutritious bresat mill and maintain their own health and wellbeing.
Postnatal micronutrient tablets
Carefully formulated by experts, including:
- 700mg calcium, vitamins K & D, zinc and magnesium which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Calcium and vitamin K which contribute to normal blood clotting.
- Vitamin B6, niacin, iron and magnesium which contribute to normal energy release
- Includes 10ug vitamin D as recommended by the Department of Health for all women while breast-feeding.
- Tablets produced in Britain to high GMP³ quality
- Maternal intake of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) contributes to the normal braind and eye development of breast-fed infants²
- Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained directly from external sources such as the mother's milk.
- Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts⁴ (ISSSFAL) for mums during lactation
- Fish oil produced to high GMP³ quality. Certified for sustainability by Friend of the Seas
Free from preservatives, artificial colours, yeast and lactose
Pregnacare is not tested on animals
Pregnacare Breast-feeding provides comprehensive multivitamin support combined with calcium & Omega-3 fatty acids, which are especially important at this time
- The ideal postnatal supplement for the 12 months following childbirth, to help ensure optimum levels of nutrients
- Can be taken whether or not you are breast-feeding and can be used for as long as required. This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare supplements and multivitamins. There is no need to take an additional multivitamin
- To maintain health throughout breast-feeding as the intake recommendations of certain nutrients are increased during lactation. Matneral breast-feeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health
- To help maintain normal bone health in mothers who avoid dairy products and for breast-feeding mothers. Contains the recommended 10ug vitamin D3 & the RNI of 700mg calcium (Reference Nutrient Intake)
2. A beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200mg DHA in addition to the recommended daily intake of oemga-3 fatty acids for adults
3. Good Manufacturing Practice.
4. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol 18, No. 5, 487-389 (1999)
Suitable for adults
How to use
Two (2) Pregnacare Breast-Feeding tablets per day, plus one (1) omega-3 capsule per day.
Swallow each with water or a cold drink and take with a main meal.
Not to be chewed. Do not exceed recommended intake. To be taken on a full stomach. Can be started at any point after childbirth, and used for as long as required during and after breast-feeding
Hazards and Cautions
As with other food supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies. Contains high purity fish oil.
As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g warfarin) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
While every care has been taken to ensure this information is always as accurate as possible, food products are regularly improved and nutrition content may occasionally change. As a result we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Nutritional Reference Value (NRV) information is based on the typical composition of the product. Guideline daily amounts are those for a typical adult (men and women).NRV information for non Boots products is calculated by the manufacturer. Boots has no control over the recipe or nutritional content of such products and information on this site may differ to that given on the product label. We would therefore recommend you do not solely rely on this information and always read the product label. If you have any queries, or you would like advice on Boots products please contact our friendly Customer care team on 1890 200008.
This information was last updated 16/09/2014
Country of Origin: UK
Manufacturers Address: Vitabiotics Ltd, 1 Apsley Way, London, NW2 7HF, England.
Tablet Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin, Magnesium Oxide, Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Polydextrose, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Talc, Glycerin, Colours [Calcium Carbonate, Iron Oxides]), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Anti-Caking Agents: Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid & Magnesium Stearate, Bulking Agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Sulphate, Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Betacarotene (Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Riboflavin, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin K (Vitamin K1), Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Sodium Selenate. Capsule Ingredients: Omega-3 Fish Oil (Docosahexaenoic Acid Concentrate) (from Fish), Capsule Shell (Pharmaceutical Grade Gelatin [Halal Bovine Source], Glycerin & Natural Flavour Lemon Oil.
Allergy advice - For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
|Typical Values||Av. per 2 tablets||% EC NRV†|
|Vitamin D (as D3 400 IU)||10 µg||200|
|Vitamin E||20 mg a-TE||167|
|Vitamin K||70 µg||93|
|Vitamin C||70 mg||88|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||5 mg||455|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||2 mg||143|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||20 mg NE||125|
|Vitamin B6||10 mg||714|
|Folic Acid||400 µg||200|
|Vitamin B12||6 µg||240|
|Pantothenic Acid||6 mg||100|
|Betacarotene (Natural source)||2 mg||-|
Omega-3 DHA Capsules
Omega-3 Fish Oil (Docosahexaenoic Acid Concentrate) (from Fish), Capsule Shell: Pharmaceutical Grade Gelatin, Glycerine & Natural Flavour Lemon Oil.
Allergy advice - For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
|Typical Values||per capsule||% EC NRV†|
|Omega 3 Fish Oil||600 mg||-|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)||300 mg||-|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)||60 mg||-|
†NRV - Nutrient Reference Value, µg - microgram, mg - milligram, IU - International Units