Vamousse Head Lice Treatment Mousse 160ml
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
Collect 40 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Due to its unique formulation only one treatment is required to end the head lice cycle. There is no need to treat again 7 days later.
Vamousse is designed with kids in mind. The easy-to-apply mousse format helps to minimise the product going into the eyes and does not leave hair feeling greasy after treatment.
The pack includes a steel comb to remove dead lice and eggs.
Suitable for adults and children over 2 years of age.
How to use
Start with DRY hair.
Separate hair into 3-4 sections with clips.
Shake the can well.
Part a section of hair into a 1-inch section, focus the nozzle tip at the scalp and apply a generous amount of mousse along the length of the hair.
Pay special attention to the nape of the neck and behind the ears.
Thoroughly saturate all hair and scalp, massaging the mousse to break down the foam, and thoroughly soaking the hair. For effective treatment, all lice and nits must come in contact with the mousse.
Depending on the length of hair, the full can may be needed.
Repeat the process until all sections of hair are saturated. Allow product to remain on hair for 15 minutes.
Although dead, nits remain attached to the hair.
After 15-treatment, use the enclosed comb, to remove dead lice and nits from the wet hair. Insert the comb against the scalp, and pull through to the end, wiping on a paper towel after each stroke.
If hair dries, apply more product to ease combing. Repeat combing if necessary.
Shampoo and towel dry hair.
Hazards and Cautions
Hazards and Cautions
WARNING For external use only. Flammable aerosol. Pressurised container may burst if heated. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames or other ignition sources. No smoking. Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
Protect from sunlight. Do not expose or store to temperatures exceeding 50°C/122°F.
- Do not use: Near eyes, on eyebrows or eyelashes. On pets or to treat pubic or body lice.
- Near any mucous membranes e.g., mouth, nose, or genitals. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
- Causes serious eye irritation. If in eyes: rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do so, continue rinsing.
- Contains Geraniol may produce an allergic reaction.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health care professional before use.
When using this product:
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- If product gets in eyes, flush with water right away
- Scalp itching or redness may occur
- Consider using gloves to apply the product if you have sensitive skin as prolonged contact may dry your skin
Stop use and ask a doctor if eye irritation occurs, skin or scalp irritation continues, or infection occurs. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help
Aqua, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butyl Lactate, Geraniol, Isopropyl Myristate, Triethyl Citrate, Vanillin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Natrum Muriaticium, Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Benzoate, Propane, Isobutane.
For more information visit: vamousse.com/uk