Prescription Ordering Service
Order your one-off or repeat prescriptions via the Boots app
What is the prescription ordering service?
The Boots prescription ordering service is a free and simple way to order your existing prescriptions online via the Boots app. You can order one-off or repeat prescriptions for yourself, your family or someone you care for. It’s super easy. Once you’ve placed your order, we’ll let you know when your medicine is ready.
Put your prescription in trusted hands. Download the Boots app for free and start ordering your prescription today.
What are the benefits of using the app?
• Saves time – simply send in a request for your prescription to be prepared and we’ll have it ready for when you arrive*
• Helps to manage your medication – order one-off or repeat prescriptions for you and your family**
• Quick and easy – download the app for free*** via the App Store or Google Play
How do I sign up to the service?
Sign up in four easy steps:
• Download the Boots app and register your details
• Send an image of your prescription to your chosen Boots pharmacy, or ask us to prepare a prescription we have on file
• We'll send you a text to let you know when your prescription is ready to collect*
• Bring your paper prescription with you to pick up your medicines†
When will my prescription be ready?
It won’t take long at all.* Ordering your repeat prescription through the app helps to save time. Simply choose a Boots pharmacy that’s convenient for you and we’ll let you know when your medicine is ready to collect in store.
We’re here to help
If you’ve got any questions about your prescription medicines we’re here to help. Chat to a pharmacist in your nearest Boots pharmacy and let us answer any queries you may have. We’re always happy to offer advice.
Read our frequently asked questions for more information.
*Subject to pharmacist, stock availability and pharmacy opening hours. Valid prescription required.
**Family member(s) must opt into the service.
***The app is free, but charges may apply for prescriptions.
†A valid prescription is required to collect medication. This can be the original paper prescription or, during the COVID-19 pandemic, one that your doctor has sent electronically to the pharmacy via Health Service Executive approved electronic transfer system (Healthmail). Prescription charges may apply.