Boots TENS Digital Pain Relief
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 336 points with this purchase
Check store stock overlay
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
TENS technology (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) provides temporary safe, drug free relief from back pain, sore joints, sporting injuries and period pain.
Includes EMS (Electrical muscle Stimulation) to help tone muscle groups and massage functions for the soothing relief of tired muscles and aching joints.
- 1 x Boots Pharmaceuticals TENS Digital Pain Relief Unit
- 1 x Belt Clip
- 2 x Connecting cables
- 4 x Adhesive electrodes
- 3 x 1.5V AAA batteries (LR03)
- 1 x storage pouch
- 44 different pre-programmed applications.
- 6 customisable programs
- 15 intensities
- Intergrated belt clip
- Storage pouch
To find out more about TENS and how it could help you get back control of your pain click this link
- If accessing on a desktop device, please scan the QR code with your mobile device to launch the experience (this experience is only accessible on a mobile device)
- If accessing on a mobile device, please click the URL, this will launch the experience
Q. The machine does not switch on when the ON/OFF button is pressed.
What should I do?
(1) Make sure that the batteries have been inserted correctly and have contact.
(2) Change the batteries if necessary.
(3) Contact customer service.
Q. The electrodes are detaching themselves from the body. What should I do?
(1) Clean the adhesive surface of the electrodes with a damp, lint-free cloth.
Then let them dry in the air and attach them again. Should the electrodes still
not adhere firmly, they must be replaced.
(2) Before each application, clean the skin, avoiding using any skin cream or oils
before treatment. Shaving can increase adhesion of the electrodes.
Q. There is no noticeable stimulation. What should I do?
(1) Interrupt the program by pressing the ON/OFF button. Make sure that the
connecting leads are properly connected to the electrodes. Make sure that
there is a firm contact between the electrodes and the treatment area.
(2) Make sure that the plug of the connecting lead is firmly connected to the
(3) Press the ON/OFF key to start the program again.
(4) Check that the electrodes are positioned properly and make sure that the
adhesive electrodes are not overlapping.
(5) Increase pulse intensity in stages.
(6) The batteries are almost empty. Replace these.
Q. What to do if the battery symbol is displayed?
A. Replace all batteries (with correct Alkaline replacement batteries).
Q. You are aware that the electrodes feel uncomfortable. What should I do?
(1) The electrodes are badly positioned. Check positioning and if necessary
reposition the electrodes.
(2) The electrodes are worn. Due to the fact that current distribution can no
longer be guaranteed evenly over the entire surface, these may lead to skin
irritation. You must therefore replace these.
Q. The skin in the treatment area becomes red. What should I do?
A. Stop treatment immediately and wait until the skin has returned to normal. If any
redness beneath the electrode soon disappears, this is not dangerous and is
due to the increased circulation which has been stimulated locally.
If, however, the skin irritation remains and there is possibly itching or
inflammation, please consult your doctor before further use. It may possibly be
caused by an allergy to the adhesive surface.
Q. I can’t change the programs or intensity using the buttons on the unit (this covers all units)?
A. Please note the device must be connected to the body (maybe need a better explanation) before the programs or intensity can be increased. This is so the device is not turned on at the highest intensity which may cause discomfort.
Q. Tens unit – Where can I buy replacement leads /my leads have broken?
A. Leads are a consumable item that will need replacing periodically. Please contact the supplier to purchase replacement leads.