Boots Skin Closures - 8 Closures
3 for 2 on selected first aid - cheapest free
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 12 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Boots Skin Closures can be used to close and secure small cuts and minor wounds. They help to keep the edges of the wound in place, to reduce the chances of it re-opening, which could lead to bleeding and scarring. They are also hypoallergenic so they are kind to sensitive skin.
How to use
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- If possible, place a strip along each edge of the wound, running parallel to the wound.
- At the centre point of the wound, apply one half of a closure to one side of the wound, running perpendicular to the wound, and press firmly in place.
- Draw together skin edges and press the other half of the closure firmly in place.
- Apply more closures in the same way, spaced approximately 2-3mm apart until the wound is completely closed.
- For gretaer security, additional closures can be placed across these.
- For additional protection against infection, cover the affected area with a sterile or antiseptic dressing.
To remove, apply light pressure at the centre of the strip, then alternatively peel back the strip from each end towards the cut size. Gently remove the whole closure
Hazards and Cautions
- Do not use if the wrapper is damaged before use.
- Do not use on infected, bleeding or weeping wounds. If bleeding persists, or the wounds become reddened, swollen, painful or does not appear to heal, seek medical advice.
- Do not use after expiry date.
- Sterile until opened.
- Do not reuse
Store in a cool, dry place.
- 5- 3mm x 75mm
- 3- 6mm x 75mm