HiPP Combiotic Comfort Powder From Birth Onwards 800g
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
HiPP Combiotic Comfort Powder From Birth Onwards 800g
The HiPP way
As a family, we’ve been passionately following our beliefs, our dreams, our natural instincts, for four generations now. Never swayed by food fads, fashion or the easy path. Instead we’ve been persistently and passionately working with nature, not against it, for over 60 years. Driven by an intuitive feeling that green is good. That organic is better. That pesticides are pesky. And above all else, that babies deserve to feel HiPP. That’s why we go above and beyond EU standards, setting our own tougher criteria, raising the bar.
Suitable from birth, HiPP comfort milk is a nutritionally complete formula, with reduced lactose content and hydrolysed protein for the dietary management of colic and constipation.
It is quite common for a baby's digestive system to be immature in the first few months, which means they may suffer from wind, colic or constipation. If you are concerned that your baby has colic or constipation, or have any other feeding concerns, please speak to your healthcare professional or pharmacist.
Legislation does not allow any specialist milks, such as comfort formulas, to be certified organic, however you can be reassured that our comfort milk has been made to our usual high standards and strict quality controls.
- Recyclable box
- Hydrolysed protein
- Reduced lactose content
How to use
Preparation and Usage
Preparing the feed
Please follow preparation and feeding instructions carefully; failure to do so may make your baby ill, as powdered milks are not sterile.
- Wash hands and sterilise all equipment according to the manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water and leave to cool for no longer than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle (referring to the Feeding Guide).
- Using the scoop provided add the correct number of scoops of powder - 1 level scoop of powder to each fluid ounce of water (approx 30ml). Level off the powder using the scoop leveller. Do not press the powder.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until all the powder has dissolved (approx 15 seconds).
- Cool to drinking temperature (approx 37ºC) by holding the bottle under cold running water. Always test the temperature of the milk before feeding. Feed immediately.
- Approx. age of baby: 0-2 weeks; Weight of baby: 3.5kg, 7.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 3, 90ml; Cooled boiled water: 3fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2-4 weeks; Weight of baby: 4kg, 9lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 4, 120ml; Cooled boiled water: 4fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Weight of baby: 5kg, 11lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 5, 150ml; Cooled boiled water: 5fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3-5 months; Weight of baby: 6-7kg, 13-15.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 6, 180ml; Cooled boiled water: 6fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months*; Weight of baby: 7.5kg, 16.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 7, 210ml; Cooled boiled water: 7fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 1-12 months; Weight of baby: 8.5-9kg, 18.5-20lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 7, 210ml; Cooled boiled water: 7fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby should be fed on demand, particularly in the first few weeks, and may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you need more advice, please contact your healthcare professional.
Breastfeeding is best for babies. May be used as a baby's sole source of nutrition from birth. It should only be used under medical supervision. Not suitable for parenteral use. Do not use if your baby is allergic to cows‘ milk.
Hazards and Cautions
While every care has been taken to ensure this information is always as accurate as possible, food products are regularly improved and nutrition content may occasionally change. As a result we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Nutritional Reference Value (NRV) information is based on the typical composition of the product. Guideline daily amounts are those for a typical adult (men and women). NRV information for non-Boots products is calculated by the manufacturer. Boots has no control over the recipe or nutritional content of such products and information on this site may differ to that given on the product label. We would therefore recommend you do not solely rely on this information and always read the product label. If you have any queries, or you would like advice on Boots products please contact our friendly Customer care team: Boots UK: 0345 609 0055 Boots Ireland: 1 890 200008. This information was last updated 07/02/2019.
Lactose, maltodextrin, vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), starch, beta-palmitate1 (from palm oil and sunflower oil), hydrolysed whey protein, galacto-oligosaccharides from lactose, calcium salts of orthophosphoric acid, emulsifier citric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, potassium chloride, fish oil, choline, Mortierella alpina-oil, L-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, potassium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, L-arginine, calcium carbonate, L-histidine, calcium chloride, L-tryptophan, inositol, ferrous sulphate, L-carnitine, zinc oxide, pantothenic acid, niacin, vitamin E, cupric sulphate, vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, potassium iodate, vitamin B6, folic acid, sodium selenate, vitamin K, D-biotin, vitamin D, manganese sulphate, vitamin B12.
1 special fat blend
Allergy advice - see ingredients shown in bold.
Fat 3.6 g
of which: saturates 1.6 g
of which: monounsaturates 1.4 g
of which: polyunsaturates 0.6 g
Linoleic acid (omega-6) 0.47 g
α-linolenic acid (omega-3) 0.05 g
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) 13.2 mg
AA (Arachidonic acid) 13.2 mg
Carbohydrate 7.0 g
of which: sugars†† 3.0 g
of which: lactose 2.7 g
inositol 4.2 mg
starch 1.5 g
Fibre 0.3 g
of which: Galacto-oligosaccharides 0.3 g
Protein 1.25 g
of which: taurine 0.6 mg
L-carnitine 1.2 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Potassium 66 mg
Chloride 51 mg
Calcium 51 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Magnesium 4.5 mg
Iron 0.60 mg
Zinc 0.50 mg
Copper 0.053 mg
Manganese 0.0050 mg
Fluoride 0.0050 mg
Selenium 3.8 μg
Chromium 0.70 μg
Molybdenum 2.3 μg
Iodine 15 μg
Vitamin A 54 μg
Vitamin D 1.5 μg
Vitamin E 0.70 mg
Vitamin K 5.1 μg
Vitamin C 8.9 mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.036 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.051 mg
Niacin 0.34 mg
Vitamin B6 0.023 mg
Folic acid 10 μg
Vitamin B12 0.10 μg
Pantothenic acid 0.34 mg
Biotin 1.5 μg
Choline 25 mg
† Typical values per 100 ml prepared feed.
†† from lactose, natural milk sugar (2.7g/100ml)
The above analytical values are subject to the normal variations that occur with products made from natural ingredients. Standard solution: 100ml is made up of 12.8g HiPP comfort milk and 90ml water. One level scoop contains approx 4.3g HiPP comfort milk.