The top treatments for wrinkles
The ingredients to know, plus the products to try
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles are a natural part of ageing. They appear as surface lines on the skin, usually on the parts of the body that get the most sun exposure including the face, neck and hands. Wrinkles can be made worse by smoking, sun exposure, sensitive skin types and hereditary factors.
What can I do to minimise them?
If your wrinkles bother you, you can help reduce their appearance with a specialist anti-wrinkle face or eye cream. This will help to plump the skin and make the wrinkles less obvious.
Key ingredients – what to look out for
- Moisturisers – Dehydrated skin makes wrinkles look more pronounced. A moisturiser with hyaluronic acid helps to smooth and plump the skin
- Antioxidants – These help to boost the skin with vitamins
- Retinoids – A medical treatment that helps to smooth out wrinkles from within
- Peptides – To encourage collagen production for smoother and tighter skin
How to choose the right products for your skin type
- Dry skin – Choose rich products specifically for dry and mature skin that will help to restore moisture levels and prevent flaky patches
- Combination – Choose mattifying formulas for day, and light moisturising formulas for night – a gel-based cream is perfect
- Normal – Stick to light, moisturising products designed for balanced skin
- Oily – Opt for oil-free formulas that contain mattifying ingredients. For moisturising at night, go for a serum rather than a moisturiser as this won’t clog the pores
Highly rated products to try
The bestselling anti-wrinkle creams for face and eyes are:
‘It's the perfect day cream, smooths and nourishes my skin perfectly and I use a tiny amount to cover my whole face.’ Kasha81
‘I've used the product specifically for my under eye bags. It works exactly as it says. On clean skin I applied as instructed. It will banish eye bags, literally, and you can see it work and lift skin before your eyes.’ Fadi176
‘Great product. Tinted so it easily disguises dark circles under the eyes! Love it!’ DeirdreR22051
‘I love this serum! It is so light and really easy to apply with the applicator. I have only been using this product for a week but my skin already feels softer and looks more refreshed every morning.’ Woking
‘I have been using the serum now for a week, day and night...and I am so pleased with the results!!! My skin actually looks younger!’ JubileeJane
Don’t forget, keeping your skin hydrated is one of the best ways to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles – so keep sipping that water!