Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 172 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
The innovative Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump features the adjustable two phase technology for improved milk flow and comfort. The unique ComfortFit breast cushion creates a secure seal for more comfortable and efficient pumping. The breast pump's Easy-Express ergonomic handle enables easy one handed use, while its lightweight, compact design allows for discreet portability. The Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump is silent, quick and easy to assemble, use and clean and is dishwasher safe.
How to use
If possible, wait until your breastmilk supply and breastfeeding schedule are well established. This is normally at least 3-4 weeks after birth, unless advised otherwise by your health professional.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly and make sure your breasts are clean.
2. Make sure you have sterilised and carefully assembled your pump exactly as described in the sections “How to Clean and Sterilise Your Lansinoh® Manual Breast Pump” and “How to Assemble Your Lansinoh® Manual Breast Pump.”
3. Centre the pump opening over your nipple and gently press it against your breast ensuring that your nipple is centred in the tunnel of the breast cushion. Press the ComfortFit™ breast cushion of the pump firmly against your breast; making sure the seal is secure so that no air can escape. You can create a good seal by using your other hand to support your breast from underneath.If your nipple is unable to be centred within the tunnel of the breast cushion without rubbing, you may need the larger size ComfortFit™ breast cushion.
4. As you gently push down on the pump handle you will feel the suction on your breast. You do not need to depress the handle fully to create a vacuum; only as much as is comfortable.
5. You can create gentle suction pressure in preparation for expressing by setting the handle in the first (top) notch of the stem. Confirm that your nipple is moving and squeeze and release the handle until you find your preferred pace.
6. To start with the Let Down Phase, set the stem in the top (first) notch of the handle and squeeze the handle. Your breastmilk will soon start flowing even though you may not use all the suction the pump can generate.
7. Once breastmilk is flowing (1 – 2 minutes) change to the Expression Phase. To switch to Expression Phase, gently press the “PUSH” part at the tip of the handle to set the handle to the second (bottom) notch of the stem. Continue to squeeze and release the handle to find the appropriate suction pressure.
If the suction pressure feels weak when expressing your breastmilk, squeeze the handle all the way. The suction pressure changes based on how hard you squeeze the handle. Expressing in comfort is more important than setting a strong suction pressure. Please express milk at a suction pressure that feels appropriate for you.
Warning: Do not continue pumping for more than five minutes at a time if no result is achieved. Try expressing at another time during the day.
Please remember: Should pumping become very painful or uncomfortable, you should stop using the pump and consult with your health professional.
• Features the adjustable 2 phase technology for improved milk flow and comfort
• The ‘Let down’ phase initiates and stimulates milk flow and the ‘Expression’ phase maximises milk flow
• Designed to simulate baby’s natural feeding pattern for an efficient pumping experience
• Compact, lightweight and discreet, the manual breast pump is quick and easy to assemble, use and clean
• The ergonomic Easy-Express handle enables you to control suction and speed for the most efficient milk flow and effortless pumping
• Made from: ABS, Polypropylene, Silicon
• Includes: 1 x Pump Body ; 1 x ComfortFit™ Breast Cushion ; 1 x Silicone Diaphragm ; 1 x Stem ; 1 x Handle ; 1 x Bottle lid ; 1 x Bottle collar ; 1 x Sealing disk ; 2 x White Valve ; 1 x 160ml Container ; 1 x Bottle Stand ; 1 x NaturalWaveTM Teat ; 1 x Instructions manual