Boots Ireland terms and conditions
Boots.ie is the trading name of Boots Retail (Ireland) (VAT No. IE6383449Q). For further information on Boots, please click here.
Sale of products
Products are sold from this site by Boots Retail (Ireland) to customers with delivery addresses in the Republic Of Ireland. For sales to customers with delivery addresses outside of the Republic Of Ireland, please go to boots.com or international.boots.com.
All information and advice on this website is the responsibility of Boots.
Boots Retail (Ireland) Ltd is registered with the WEEE Register Society Ltd (WEEE Registration number: 241WB) and use ERP Ireland Ltd compliance scheme (membership number: ERPIRL0250).
This is an important section of the site explaining the terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you use and/or shop from the boots.ie website (the 'Website').
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Website are directed solely at consumers who access this Website from the Republic of Ireland. Boots Retail (Ireland) Limited does not represent that any product referred to in the materials on this Website is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You must be at least 16 years of age to sign up for a boots.ie account.
Any contract between you and Boots, whether for use of the Website or in relation to the purchase of products or services through the Website will be governed by the laws Irish Legislation and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Any contract will be communicated in English.
Where we refer to 'bestselling' products on the Website, it is based on the number of products Boots has sold online during the last 7 days. Where a product is labelled 'bestselling', it means Boots sales of it have exceeded all others in the particular product list or search field it features in. A 'top rated product' is a product with the highest star rating based on ratings and reviews made by our customers. Our 'new products' highlight the most recently launched products on the website. Our 'featured products' are those we have chosen to highlight and our 'favourite products' are our favourites out of those sold on the Website.
We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this Website, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to this Website, and so therefore cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Boots disclaim all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access. Boots shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website.
Certain (hypertext) links in this Website may lead to other websites, which are not under the control of Boots. When you activate any of these you will leave the Website and Boots has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any website which is not under the control of Boots.
We may make software owned or operated by third-party companies available to you. You must only use this software in accordance with the terms and conditions imposed by the third-party provider.
Your correspondence or participation in promotions, or business dealings with advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this Website.
The exclusions of liability set out in these terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Boots Retail (Ireland) Limited, or any of their employees or agents. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish Law. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Boots reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions on this Website.
All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Boots for their use by any person other than the said holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this Website are the copyright of the Boots Company PLC or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Boots prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Acceptance of orders
Working with industry-leading secure payment processors, we validate your order and credit or debit card details you submit to us before your order can be accepted. Once that has been done, we will acknowledge that your order has been received by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you provide in your registration form.
Your order is then subject to further validation checks we may choose to make. If your order passes our validation checks we will send you an order confirmation email, this is our acceptance of your order and it brings into existence a legally binding agreement between you and Boots for the purchase of the products.
Boots reserves the right to restrict the number of items available for sale to any individual customer. All orders are subject to availability. If your order cannot be fulfilled we will cancel the items we cannot supply and supply the others. We will charge you for what we supply.
How products may be packed
If your order contains more than one product, Boots will endeavour to pack the items in as few parcels as reasonably possible. The number of parcels will depend on a variety of factors including the size, shape and weight of the products. Packing items in more than one parcel may result in a delay in your order being ready for collection.
We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards. Payment will be debited from your account before the dispatch of your purchase.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We may submit your orders to DataCash Fraud Services who securely review orders on behalf of boots.ie to eliminate fraud and safeguard our customers' transactions. We may also submit your address, date of birth and the value of your order to Experian Ltd. We will not be liable for any delays to your order this may cause. This information may be retained by Experian Ltd for future validation enquiries by other companies. For more details of the information Experian Ltd hold about you, visit http://www.experian.co.uk/. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. Orders can only be delivered to Republic of Ireland addresses.
Boots has made every effort to reproduce colours on the Website as accurately as possible. However, different computers and mobile devices reproduce colours in slightly different ways, and so exact colour matches are not guaranteed, this means that the colours of products may differ from what you see on the screen.
If you are not satisfied with the colour of the item you have ordered, we operate a returns policy (see Returns for more information).
Boots has taken great care to ensure prices are accurate. Prices may change over time, so if you use your shopping list within 'My account' as a way of re-ordering items, prices on your previous order may no longer be valid. However, the correct prices will be applied when you select an item from the shopping list and add to your current basket. All prices include ROI VAT where applicable. Promotions and prices you see in Boots stores, whether in Republic Of Ireland or elsewhere do not apply to prices on the website, and vice versa.
Trading name and address
Boots.ie is a trading name of Boots Retail (Ireland) Limited whose registered office: Unit 2F, Block 71A, Park west Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, Ireland. Boots is registered in Ireland with company number 363449 and VAT registration number: IE6383449Q. Boots is a member of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Batteries
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. All new electrical and electronic products and batteries are now marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol to remind consumers to recycle. In the case of batteries this is sometimes accompanied by the letters "Pb", "Cd" or "Hg" to indicate that lead, cadmium or mercury may be present. When you buy a new electrical (mains or battery) product from Boots you can return a similar unwanted item to us for recycling free of charge.
You can do this in a number of different ways as follows:
By calling our free phone number 1800 411 070 we can arrange for your waste product to be collected from your home, or use your free returns label so that you can take it to your local post office. Both of these options are free of charge.
Alternatively you may decide that handing the products into one of our Boots shops is more convenient, all we would ask is that you bring in your unwanted product and online 'delivery note' as proof of purchase within 30 days.
If you prefer, you can also take the product to your local civic waste collection facility.
Through our mailings and email service we try to keep customers informed of carefully selected special offers that are available on the products you regularly buy from us. If you are a Boots Advantage Card member* this service can ensure you immediately know about the most generous points offers. However, we do understand that you may have a few questions to ask us before you sign up so please check our FAQs for more information.
*For ROI Advantage Card members only.
Boots.ie promotional code terms & conditions
- If you have a promotional code, you need to enter this into the box on the 'My basket' page. You can find this box towards the bottom of the page, just above the order total. It says 'Apply offer code’
- You must be registered with boots.ie and logged in when placing your order, to receive this promotion. Promotional codes can be used once only per customer as defined by their email address and/or credit card address and/or delivery address
- Only one promotional code can be used per transaction
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with certain other boots.ie offers
- Promotional codes offering a discount when you spend a certain amount can only apply to a single transaction and exclude: gift boxing, delivery charges, gift vouchers/cards and infant formula (up to 6 months)
- Please note that promotional codes also have an expiry date, after which they are not redeemable
- Promotional codes remain the property of Boots, are non-transferable and may not be reproduced in any form
- Additional offers may not available in Boots stores, other shops or with any third party website unless otherwise stated
- Free delivery promotions are not applicable to offers/promotional codes paid for on any third party website unless otherwise stated
- We reserve the right to withdraw offers at any time
General boots.ie offer terms & conditions
- All offers are subject to availability
- Availability while stocks last. Boots reserves the right to limit certain offers to one order per customer as defined by their email address and/or credit card address and/or delivery address
- Offers are non-transferable
- Boots reserve the right to withdraw our offers without notice
Boots Advantage Card points
- Unfortunately, we do not give points on infant milks (up to six months), prescription items, gift vouchers/cards
- Points cannot be spent on the above products or on mobile phone top ups
- Online points are not given on gift boxes or delivery charges
For full Boots Advantage Card terms and conditions please click here.
General health advice
Boots provides general information on a wide range of health and medical topics, but does not contain all the relevant information about every disease or medical condition. The information is not a substitute for professional care by a qualified practitioner. If you are concerned about your symptoms or have any other concerns or questions about your health or medicines, you should always consult an appropriate healthcare professional. Be cautious about embarking on vigorous exercise if you have any serious medical condition, such as back pain, high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you are pregnant.
Medical information is constantly changing and the way the internet and your computer works, may mean you do not always receive the latest version, or a complete version, of our Website. Whilst we do everything we can to bring you the trustworthy and reliable information that you expect from a company founded by Boots, we cannot give an absolute guarantee that every piece of information on our Website is true, accurate or up to date at all times. If you are already using a medicine, remedy or other supplement, you should always ensure it is safe to start taking a new product alongside this. Always read the product information contained on the pack, as well as the patient information leaflet (if provided) before taking any medicine or similar product. You will usually find further information on the Website by checking the page the product is located on.
The information on our Website is not designed for use by healthcare professionals. The naming of any organisation, product, or complementary therapy or practitioner on this Website does not imply endorsement by boots.ie. The omission of any such names does not necessarily indicate a lack of endorsement by Boots.
Complementary treatments and therapies
- We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before following any complementary therapies if you are receiving conventional medication or treatment for any condition
- Do not cease conventional treatment or medication for any reason without consulting a doctor
- Always inform your doctor or complementary practitioner of any treatments, medication or remedies, both conventional and non-conventional, that you are taking or intend to take
- Also advise your practitioner if you have a sexually transmitted disease
- Do not begin a course of complementary therapy without first consulting your doctor if you are pregnant, are trying to conceive or are breast feeding
- Consult your doctor before allowing babies or infants to receive complementary treatments as some are unsuitable for small children
- See your doctor if your symptoms persist or worsen
- You should ensure that it is safe to start a complementary therapy if you are already taking medication or undergoing a course of treatment
- Some individual complementary therapies have some additional cautions which are listed at the end of their respective pages within Information & advice. Please refer to these before starting any complimentary therapy
We appreciate that some of you may have come on to the website looking for information about our stores, and of course, we are more than happy to help you with these queries too. We have a store locator, which lets you know what the closest store to you is (you can even look for departments, like a No7 team within that store). To use our store locator, please click here.
By submitting this review to Boots UK Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Boots”), you represent and warrant that:
- You are the only author of the review and you are the only owner of the copyright of this review
- All "moral rights" that you have in such copyright have been voluntarily waived by you
- All content that you post is accurate
- You are at least 18 years old
You also warrant that you shall submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading
- That contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising)
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation
- For which you were compensated by any third party
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files
You agree to indemnify and hold Boots (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable lawyers' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties mentioned above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any reviews that you submit, you grant Boots and its associated companies a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your rating and review, you agree that Boots and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.