Imodium IBS Relief 2mg Soft Capsules - 6 Capsules
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
You cannot add this item to the customer's basket
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Stock coming soon
This product is temporarily unavailable online. Use ‘Find in store’ below to see if it’s in stock near you.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By adding this item to your basket you confirm you are 18 years or over.
You can't collect Boots Advantage Card points with this product
Imodium IBS Relief 2mg Soft Capsules can relieve attacks of diarrhoea associated with medically diagnosed IBS quickly and effectively.
This product can also be used for the treatment of short-term diarrhoea.
Effectively relieves IBS diarrhoea
For medically confirmed IBS Imodium IBS Relief 2mg Soft Capsules work by slowing down your bowel and returning it to its normal rhythm. The capsules are for the symptomatic relief of diarrhoea only and are not a substitute for rehydration therapy.
Suitable for adults and children over 12 years for short-term diarrhoea
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
For oral use only. Swallow whole with water. Do not chew.
IBS diarrhoea, previously diagnosed by a doctor: Adults aged 18 years and over: Take 2 capsules to start treatment. Take 1 capsule after each loose bowel movement, or as previously advised by a doctor, up to a maximum of 6 capsules per day. You can use this medicine for up to 2 weeks for repeated attacks, but do not take for any one attack lasting longer than 48 hours. If your symptoms change, worsen or are not improved after 2 weeks, consult your doctor.
Short-term diarrhoea: Adults and children over 12 years: Take 2 capsules to start treatment. Take 1 capsule after each loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 capsules per day. If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor.
Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this medicine
Do not take this medicine:
- if you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients
- if you are under 18 years for an IBS patient (or under 12 years for short-term diarrhoea)
- if you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
- if you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis
- if you are constipated, or your stomach appears swollen (especially in children with severe dehydration)
- if you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature
Talk to your doctor first:
- if you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the capsules immediately and contact your doctor
- if you suffer from liver disease
- if you have diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal
- if you are taking any other medicines
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep the blister in the original carton to protect the capsules from light.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Each Soft Capsule contains 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride
Active Ingredient: Each Soft Capsule contains 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride
Also contains Soya Lecithin