The Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown - 2 tests
Save up to £5 on selected Clearblue
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 64 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
The only test with Smart Countdown to your clear digital result
The Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is an accurate and easy to use pregnancy test. It gives a digital result and has a unique progress indicator (Smart Countdown) that counts down to the result, to reassure a woman every step of the way until her result is displayed.
- The Smart Countdown appears after sampling and is displayed in a four segment format on a liquid crystal display (LCD)
- The four segments illuminate in sequence, to reassure the user that the test is working, and provide an indication of when they can expect their result to appear on screen:
- Results are displayed digitally in words – 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant', within 3 minutes; in some cases a result may be displayed in as little as 1 minute, in which case the Smart Countdown feature will count down more quickly
- The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown detects the presence of urinary levels of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), a clinically accurate marker of pregnancy,1,2 and it is over 99% accurate in detecting typical pregnancy hCG levels when used from the day of the expected period,3 although hormone levels can vary between women
- Displaying the result digitally eliminates any uncertainty the user may have about their result, as one in four women can misread traditional line pregnancy test results4
- A 'Pregnant' result will be shown on the display for up to 6 months, enabling women to share their result with their Healthcare Professional or family and friends; a 'Not Pregnant' result will be shown for approximately 24 hours.
Also, the innovative and unique Floodguard™ feature from Clearblue helps to prevent this primary cause of user error by absorbing any excess urine, thus ensuring the accuracy of the test in users' hands.
How to use
To perform a test with the Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, the user simply removes the one-piece test stick from its individual foil wrapper, takes off the cap and places the absorbent sampler in their urine stream for 5 seconds. Alternatively the user can place the absorbent sampler into a collected sample of their urine for 20 seconds.
Hazards and Cautions
The manufacturer’s instructions for any medication being taken should be read before conducting the test
- When testing on or after the day the period is expected, it is not necessary to test with an early morning urine sample. When testing before the expected period, an early morning urine sample should always be used. Regardless of when the test is performed, excessive fluid intake should be avoided before testing as a false ‘Not Pregnant’ result may be obtained if the urine sample is too dilute
- If a woman receives a negative (Not Pregnant) result and she has tested before her expected period, she is advised to test again from the day of her expected period. There is clear information provided on the pack and instruction leaflet about early testing, including guidance on the proportion of pregnant women that can expect a ‘Pregnant’ result. This allows women to make an informed decision about whether or not early testing would be the best choice for them
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can affect the result. These are usually given by injection, and testing too soon (within 14 days) after administration can give a false ‘Pregnant’ result
- E ctopic pregnancy can result when the fertilised egg does not reach the uterus and continues to grow in the fallopian tube. The production of hCG in an ectopic pregnancy may be lower than in a normal pregnancy and this may lead to a false ‘Not Pregnant’ result. However, other symptoms are likely to be experienced and if an ectopic pregnancy is suspected then immediate medical advice must be sought
- Ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results
- A recent pregnancy, miscarriage or termination can give misleading results. It is possible for hCG to be found in the body for up to 3 weeks after birth and it can remain in the body for up to 9 weeks after a miscarriage or termination. Whilst hCG remains in the body it is possible for a pregnancy test to detect it and show a false ‘Pregnant’ result
- If a ‘Pregnant’ result is obtained and the woman later finds out that she is not pregnant then it is possible that this is due to natural loss of the pregnancy which is not uncommon in the early stages, affecting around one in four pregnancies
- Women should be encouraged to discuss any unexpected pregnancy test results with a healthcare professional.
Features and Benefits
- Unique – the only pregnancy test that counts down to the result
- Accurate – over 99% accurate from the day of the expected period3
- Easy to use – a quick and easy urine test, with a 'no mess' wider absorbent sampler and integrated Floodguard™ to help prevent user error during testing
- Sensitive – can be used up to 4 days before the expected perio
- Unmistakably clear – digital results in words for greater accuracy in consumers' hands