Similac First Infant Milk 850g
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
You can't collect Boots Advantage Card points with this product
Similac First Infant Milk 850g
Message from the manufacturer:
At Abbott, we have taken the decision to discontinue our standard Similac range of baby and toddler milks sold in Boots to re-focus our infant and paediatric nutrition business on our specialist ranges to better support babies who are unwell and have specific nutritional requirements.
We understand that it can be tricky for customers to move babies to a different baby milk, which is why we will also be offering the support of a feeding specialist from January. For more details and advice, customers can email Similac.UK@abbott.com or call our careline 0800 999 3963 (ROI 1800 411 411).
*While stocks last
Similac First Infant Milk is a breast milk substitute specially designed to support your baby from birth. Developed by dedicated scientists, our palm oil free formula is nutritionally complete and provides all the key ingredients to support your baby's nutritional needs.
Long Chain Fatty Acids (LCPs) – including Omega 3 & 6 (DHA & AA*)
Nucleotid *Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) & arachidonic acid (AA)
Palm oil free
Suitable for vegetarians
Suitable for Halal and Kosher diet
Country of origin: Made in Ireland
How to use
Please ensure you read and follow all instructions carefully, as adding too much or too little formula to your baby’s bottle could be harmful and make them ill.
1. Before you start, wash your hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions, alternatively you can boil them for 10 minutes.
2. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water (not bottled water) and allow it to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened water or repeatedly boiled water.
3. Carefully pour the correct amount of warm, previously boiled water into the sterilised feeding bottle.
4. Fill the enclosed scoop with powder, levelling with the back of a clean, dry, knife. Do not pack down in the scoop.
5. Add one scoop of powder to each 60 ml of water. Only use the scoop provided. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful.
6. Place the cap on the bottle and shake until completely dissolved.
7. Remove the cap and fit a sterilised teat to the bottle.
8. Test the temperature of the formula (drops should feel lukewarm on the inside of your wrist) and if necessary, replace the cap and cool the milk by holding the bottle under cold running water.
9. Feed immediately
- Discard any milk that has not been used within 2 hours. For hygiene reasons, we recommend you make up each feed as required.
- Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula.
- Whilst they are made under hygienic conditions, powdered infant formulas are not sterile.
- Store unopened under normal room conditions.
- Once opened, replace the lid to keep the formula tightly covered and store in a cool, dry place (not the refrigerator).
- Use within 3 weeks of opening.
Hazards and Cautions
Breast milk is best for babies and is recommended for as long as possible during infancy. Always speak to your doctor, midwife or health visitor for advice about feeding your baby. If breastfeeding is not adopted, Similac First Infant Milk is formulated for infant feeding from birth. Good dental hygiene is important for babies and toddlers, please speak with your healthcare professional or dentist for advice.
While every care has been taken to ensure this information is always as accurate as possible, food products are regularly improved and nutrition content may occasionally change. As a result we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products.
Nutritional Reference Value (NRV) information is based on the typical composition of the product. Guideline daily amounts are those for a typical adult (men and women).
NRV information for non Boots products is calculated by the manufacturer. Boots has no control over the recipe or nutritional content of such products and information on this site may differ to that given on the product label. We would therefore recommend you do not solely rely on this information and always read the product label.
If you have any queries, or you would like advice on Boots products please contact our friendly Customer care team on 0345 609 0055.
This information was last updated 03/06/16.
- Palm oil free
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for Halal and Kosher diet
Skimmed milk, lactose (milk), vegetable oils (high oleic sunflower oil, soy oil , coconut oil), galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (milk), whey protein concentrate (milk), minerals (potassium citrate, calcium carbonate, potassium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, sodium chloride, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, copper sulphate, manganese sulphate, potassium iodide, sodium selenate), whey protein hydrolysate (milk), arachidonic acid (AA) from M. alpina oil, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) from C. cohnii oil, vitamins (ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, vitamin E, niacinamide, calcium d-pantothenate, vitamin A palmitate, thiamin hydrochloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, phylloquinone, biotin, vitamin D3, cyanocobalamin), emulsifier: soy lecithin, choline chloride, taurine, l-tryptophan, choline bitartrate, myo-inositol, nucleotides (cytidine 5’-monophosphate, disodium uridine 5’-monophosphate, adenosine 5’-monophosphate, disodium guanosine 5’-monophosphate), antioxidant: E306, l-carnitine.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold