Philips Lumea IPL SC1999/00 Hair Removal Device
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 2000 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Philips Lumea uses an innovative light-based technology called IPL, derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons. Gentle pulses of light are applied that put the hair into the resting phase. These hairs naturally shed in the 1-2 weeks post treatment and further regrowth is inhibited.
- Enjoy up to 8 weeks of beautifully smooth, hair free skin, as chosen by over 1 million women*.
- Lumea uses advanced Salon IPL technology, adapted for effective use at home to prevent hair regrowth.
- Safe and easy to use. Lumea has been developed in collaboration with expert scientists and dermatologists.
- Corded - just plug the device into the mains and start using.
- 3 dedicated attachments for a tailored solution for your body, face and bikini. No additional accessories required, such as lamps or gels.
How to use
- Step 1: Remove excess hair by shaving, epilating or waxing the area before the first treatment
- Step 2: Select the correct intensity level for your skin tone using the provided skin chart
- Step 3: Turn the unit on and press the Lumea to your skin. Wait for the flash light to turn on and press the button
- Step 4: Slowly slide the Lumea across the treatment area. Avoid flashing the same spot.
Who is it suitable for?
Philips Lumea works effectively on (naturally) dark blonde, brown and black hairs. As with other light-based treatments, Philips Lumea is NOT effective on red, light-blonde or white/grey hair. This Philips Lumea is also NOT suitable for dark skin (please see chart). For people with very dark skin, please refer to SC2009.
Results that you can see
Enjoy over 75% hair reduction after only four bi-weekly treatments. After these four treatments, you can enjoy the freedom of smooth skin for up to two months between treatments.
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas. It just takes 8 minutes for a lower leg or 1 minute for the bikini area.
Lumea has 2 treatment modes; Slide and Flash is ideal for fast treatment of larger areas such as legs - you simply glide the device over the skin you want to treat, smoothly and quickly. To treat curvy areas or targeted zones, such as bikini line, you have the option of Step & Flash mode too.
Specially designed attachments
The SC1999 comes with 3 specially designed attachments for different body parts - 1 for the body, 1 for the face and 1 for the bikini area.
- 1 x SC1999 handle
- 1 x body attachment
- 1 x face attachment
- 1 x bikini attachment
- 1 x storage pouch
- 1 x power adapter
- 1x user manual