Philips Lumea Essential BRI861/00 IPL Hair Removal System for Body
Collect 1120 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Lumea, the number one IPL hair removal brand in the UK, is a safe, fast and painless solution for unwanted hair with long lasting results. Remove the need for waxing, shaving, creams, gels and epilators; with advanced Intense Pulsed Light technology (IPL), Lumea offers one solution to replace all other hair removal methods.
How does Lumea work?
Lumea uses safe, gentle pulses of light that produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle which encourages the hair to go into a resting phase. The hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. A treatment once every two to four weeks will prevent hair roots from becoming active again and prevent new hair from growing back. Not only does the hair not grow back, it is quick and easy to use! With 5 speed settings to choose from, you can finish your treatment in minutes!
- Salon treatment in the home - Lumea uses IPL technology, the same that is used in salons and spas. Philips has worked closely with skin care experts to adapt this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home.
- Quick, painless treatment in a compact design - Lumea Essential compact design still features wide treatment window, making it simple to treat larger skin areas (such as legs and arms). IPL gently targets hair follicles and sends them into a resting phase. Eventually, any re-growth in the future is prevented.
- Safe to use on legs, arms and body - Lumea has an integrated filter to protect your skin from UV light.
- See results, fast - Lumea is proven to show significant hair reduction within the first two treatments and further hair reduction by 4 to 5 fortnightly treatments*** Customised treatment catered for you - Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe to use even on sensitive skin and body areas.
- Gentle treatment, 50% faster* - Lumea Essential is gentle on skin with a larger 3.2cm2 window for faster treatment and better coverage.
- Is Lumea right for me? - Philips Lumea works effectively on naturally dark blonde, brown and black hairs. As with other light-based treatments, Philips Lumea is not effective on red, light-blonde or white/grey hair. Philips Lumea is also not suitable for very dark skin.
- Please consult the comparison table to determine which light intensities are most suitable for your skin and body hair colour and to check if this method is suitable for you at all (if it is not, this is indicated with an x).
** Measured on legs, after initial 4-5 treatments and after 5 follow ups. Individual results vary.
*** Innovation Site Eindhoven, collaboration Peter Bjerring, 2002
* Versus SC1983 and SC1984
**Based on sales data less returns until April 2015.
*** Measured on legs, after initial 4-5 treatments and after 5 follow ups. Individual results vary.
How to use
- Treatment time for lower leg: 8 mins
- Treatment time for underarm: 1.5 min
- Treatment time for bikini: 1.5 min
- Treatment time for face: 1.5 min