Persona Hormone Free Contraception
Collect 448 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Persona works by monitoring hormone changes in your urine to identify the days if your menstrual cycle (your cycle) when you are very likely to become pregnant.
How to use
Green days mean you are free to make love without using contraception.*
Test days mean you will need to do a test to see if you are on a red day or a green day. During your first cycle you will be asked to test on 16 days. You will be asked for the first test on day 6 and the rest of the tests on days 9 to 23.
Red days are days around the time you ovulate and mean you are at high risk of getting pregnant if you make love, even if you use a condom.
Hazards and Cautions
May only be used with Persona Test Sticks (Sold separately).
Is Persona right for me?
Before using Persona you need to be sure it is the right method of contraception for you.
- It is suitable for couples in a stable relationship, and you must not use if:
- your cycles are shorter than 23 days or longer than 35 days (you can work out the length of your cycle by counting rhe number of days from the first day of your period until the day before your next period starts);
- you have had menopausal symptoms, such as night sweats or hot flushes;
- you are breastfeeding;
- you are using hormonal treatments for example, hormonal contraception, fertility treatments and hormone replacement therapy;
- you are using any other treatments which may affect your cycle;
- you are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines. Once you have finished your treatment you may start using Persona at the beginnning of your next cycle;
- you have impaired liver or kidney failure;
- you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS);
- you cannot or do not want to become pregnant under any circumstances.
- You cannot use Persona straight away if you have recently been:
- using hormonal contraceptions or treatments;
- using any other treatment which may affect your cycle;
- pregnant (even if you have not carried to full term).
Please read the enclosed instruction booklet carefull before using Persona.
This monitor can be used with any Persona test sticks even if the box does not look the same.
*Persona is 94% reliable uf you follow the instructions properly and use it as the only method of contraception. This means that if 100 women use Persona for one year, we expect 6 will become pregnant because they have had sex on a day when Persona incorrectly showerd they were not at risk of becoming pregnant (green day).
Persona is an in-vitro diagnostic medical device designed for home use. Not for internal use. Store at room temperature. Keep out of reach of children. Monitor contains magnets. This pack contains a monitor, Instruction booklet and 2 AA alkaline (LR6) 1.5v batteries.