Meaco DD8L Dehumidifier / Air treatment centre
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 976 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Indoor air can be unhealthy; it can trigger asthma attacks, hay fever, affect how a child's respiratory system develops and worsen breathing difficulties.
There is a wealth of growing evidence from reliable sources that range from the World Health Organisation, to the EU and government as well as organisations like Asthma UK who have published their findings and concerns about the quality of the air we breathe and its negative effects on our health.
Despite clean air legislation we are exposed to high levels of particulate matter, for example from the exhausts of diesel powered vehicles, mould spores from fungi and irritating debris from dust mites that grow in damp spots in our sealed homes where moisture from cooking, drying clothes, washing and breathing accumulate and pollen which as natural as it is can make some of us suffer from hay fever.
While there are medicines to reduce the symptoms of many of our ailments from inhalers to open the bronchial tubes when people suffer an asthma attack to antihistamines which can reduce our reaction to air borne allergens like pollen, dust and animal dander (cat fur for example) we can enjoy feeling well for longer by reducing the triggers to poor health in the air.
Boots is proud to offer the Meaco range of air treatment products which can help to create the more healthy indoor climates we need to feel well.
In a typical British family home you can expect this compact, powerful dehumidifier to remove around 5 to 8 litres of excess moisture from the air for you every day, better than most 20L/day compressor models when working from 23°C 60%RH down to +1°C. This is collected as water in the tank at the bottom of the unit and you will have the satisfaction of pouring this water down the sink, safe in the knowledge that this water can no longer appear as condensation on your windows, reduce the efficiency of your heating system or encourage mould growth or dust mite reproduction which can adversely affect your health.
As well as this the cleanable silver-nano anti bacteria filter will catch and remove dust particles and kill any bacteria that comes into contact with the specially treated filter. The air ioniser will further clean the air by making smaller particles in the air bigger so they can be trapped by the filter or quickly fall out of the air.
- Much quieter than a compressor dehumidifier
- Powerful enough to dry laundry
- Air sampling system ensures accurate dehumidification
- It's compact size and low noise level makes it very popular with home owners whilst it's powerful dehumidification rate mean that it can control up to a large 3 bedroom home
- Water tank stops the dehumidifier when full. Splash proof cover and carry handle makes emptying easy
- Lightweight (just 6.4Kgs)
- Compact - just 50cm high
- Delivers warmth to the space to help eliminate any feeling of a damp chill
- Suitable for use in cold applications to protect conservatories, garages, cars, caravans, boats and holiday homes
- Auto-restart and continuous drainage mean that it can be left unattended for remote applications or used with a plug in timer