Loyon Cradle Cap Treatment
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 52 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Loyon Cradle Cap Treatment
Loyon is a new treatment for Cradle Cap which aids the gentle physical removal of Cradle Cap. The seeping qualities of the product mean that three applications over eight days have been shown to remove 90% of Cradle Cap. Unlike other products there are LOYON® is an effective, gentle treatment to remove Cradle Cap scales and crusts. Its safe, non-toxic formula leaves no sticky after-feel.
It is fast acting but mild, so scales can be removed easily without causing irritation, spot bleeding and infection. In a clinical trial using no more than three treatments in eight days, scales which were described as moderate to severe were reduced to mild or very mild in 80% of cases.
As a general rule, Cradle Cap is harmless; treatment is advisable especially when the liquid underneath the scales accumulates, causing severe itching, often combined with an unpleasant smell.
Treatment prevents scratching and therefore injury to the skin and infection that can result from bleeding.
LOYON® is a unique, patented combination of the dry emollient Cetiol® CC and the medical silicone oil Dimeticone. The liquid compound is very easily applied and spreads exceptionally well, due to its low surface tension. This also makes LOYON® very economical.
It is applied to facilitate lifting the crusts by massaging it gently into the baby or toddler’s scalp in the evening. On the following day, it can be washed off with a mild shampoo.
Because of its special creeping and spreading properties, LOYON® flows underneath the scales and crusts.
The underlying skin area is freed from scales. Pinpoint bleeding, which would provide an entry point for germs, is avoided through this gentle action which makes the physical removal of scales easier. This avoids additional inflammatory reactions.
LOYON® is a certified Class IIa medical device with purely physical method of action – there are no harsh chemicals, drugs or toxins. It is applied externally onto dry skin and doesn’t burn, stick or smell.
How to use
- Apply LOYON® to dry skin using either the dropper or spray.
- Gently massage in, the dropper is recommended for infants.
- Leave in place for three hours or longer, for example overnight, to take effect.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat application as required.
Hazards and Cautions
- LOYON® is for external use only.
- When using LOYON®, you should avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Should the solution get into the eyes accidentally, rinse for 10 –15 minutes with plenty of water.
- If irritation persists, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- If LOYON® is accidentally spilled, there is a danger of slipping. Spillages should be cleaned up immediately.
The innovative mode of action against scales and encrustations
- LOYON® removes scales with an innovative, purely physical mode of action, independent of the underlying disease. Therefore LOYON® is effective against different types of scaly skin diseases, such as psoriasis or Cradle Cap.
- LOYON® is particularly well tolerated and the probability of allergic reactions or side effects is very small as LOYON® contains no pharmacologically active ingredients or preservatives and is free from dyes and fragrances.
- LOYON® can be used in pregnant woman, infants or patients with impaired liver or renal function. The application is safe and can be repeated several times as LOYON® does not impair the body’s metabolism.
- LOYON® is particularly gentle to the skin and leaves behind a pleasant feeling. It is odourless and leaves no sticky residues. Through its liquid consistency LOYON® can be easily applied on the scalp
- LOYON® is suitable for all ages and can also safely be used during pregnancy or breast feeding. Moreover, LOYON® can also be used in patients with impaired liver or renal function.
Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimeticones