You are now leaving Boots.ie. BootsWebMD is UK specific, GP reviewed health information, providing information on a wide variety of health topics.
The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is sensitive enough to be used up to 4 days before the day of the expected period.5 Table One shows the results from clinical testing of the Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with early pregnancy samples.
The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown has a wide, 18 mm, absorbent sampler; 50% wider than a standard Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test
This helps the user to easily and confidently obtain an adequate sample directly from their urine stream, with minimal splashing or mess
The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown also has an integrated Floodguard™ feature which helps prevent user error
Occasionally with regular home pregnancy tests, when users fail to follow instructions correctly, excess urine can enter the device resulting in a test error
The innovative and unique Floodguard™ feature from Clearblue helps to prevent this primary cause of user error by absorbing any excess urine, thus ensuring the accuracy of the test in users' hands.
The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is:
To perform a test with the Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, the user simply removes the one-piece test stick from its individual foil wrapper, takes off the cap and places the absorbent sampler in their urine stream for 5 seconds. Alternatively the user can place the absorbent sampler into a collected sample of their urine for 20 seconds.
The manufacturer’s instructions for any medication being taken should be read before conducting the test
• When testing on or after the day the period is expected, it is not necessary to test with an early morning urine sample. When testing before the expected period, an early morning urine sample should always be used. Regardless of when the test is performed, excessive fluid intake should be avoided before testing as a false ‘Not Pregnant’ result may be obtained if the urine sample is too dilute
• If a woman receives a negative (Not Pregnant) result and she has tested before her expected period, she is advised to test again from the day of her expected period. There is clear information provided on the pack and instruction leaflet about early testing, including guidance on the proportion of pregnant women that can expect a ‘Pregnant’ result. This allows women to make an informed decision about whether or not early testing would be the best choice for them
Fertility drugs containing hCG can affect the result. These are usually given by injection, and testing too soon (within 14 days) after administration can give a false ‘Pregnant’ result
• E ctopic pregnancy can result when the fertilised egg does not reach the uterus and continues to grow in the fallopian tube. The production of hCG in an ectopic pregnancy may be lower than in a normal pregnancy and this may lead to a false ‘Not Pregnant’ result. However, other symptoms are likely to be experienced and if an ectopic pregnancy is suspected then immediate medical advice must be sought
• Ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results
• A recent pregnancy, miscarriage or termination can give misleading results. It is possible for hCG to be found in the body for up to 3 weeks after birth and it can remain in the body for up to 9 weeks after a miscarriage or termination. Whilst hCG remains in the body it is possible for a pregnancy test to detect it and show a false ‘Pregnant’ result
• If a ‘Pregnant’ result is obtained and the woman later finds out that she is not pregnant then it is possible that this is due to natural loss of the pregnancy which is not uncommon in the early stages, affecting around one in four pregnancies
• Women should be encouraged to discuss any unexpected pregnancy test results with a healthcare professional.
The item can be delivered to all addresses within the Republic of Ireland.
€16.99 or 1,699 points
2 UNI €8.50 per 1UNI
Please use this overlay to check for product availability
Collect in store
The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is an accurate easy to use pregnancy test.
Collect 64 points with this purchase
Copyright © The Boots Company PLC. All rights reserved. Boots.ie is a trading name of Boots Retail (Ireland) Limited. Registered office: Unit 2F, Block 71A, Parkwest Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, Ireland. Registered in Ireland: company number 363449. Registered VAT number IE6383449Q.