IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer™ prepares the skin for the sun by stimulating the skin's own protection mechanism. The sun care capsules contain plant extracts and vitamins so that you can spend less time in the sun to get a tan. Tan Optimizer must be used in conjunction with a suitable SPF product (*1).
At IMEDEEN we take responsible tanning very seriously. IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer stimulates your skin's own tanning mechanism so that you can spend less time in the sun to get a beautiful tan, but remember that Tan Optimizer does not replace the use of a suitable SPF product. We recommend that people follow the Sun Smart guidelines developed by Cancer Research UK.
- Spend time in the shade between 11 and 3 o'clock
- Make sure you never burn
- Aim to cover up with a t-shirt, hat and sunglasses
- Remember to take extra care with children
- Use at least factor SPF15+ sunscreen
You should also report mole changes or unusual skin growths promptly to your doctor. Please visit http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/healthyliving/sunsmart/?a=5441for more information.
Find out more about IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer™
(*1) IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer™ efficacy has been shown in the following scientific studies:
- Abstract and Poster presentation: Determination of effect of sun care skin nutrients on sun sensitivity in healthy women: A placebo-controlled, double-blind study. SID 2003, May 2003, Miami Beach.
- Poster presentation: Cellular protection by natural antioxidants in cultured human skin cells. 11th Annual Meeting of the Society for Free Radical Biology & Medicine, November 17-21, 2004 US Virgin Islands, St. Thomas.
- Abstract and Poster presentation: Effects of beta-carotene, lycopene and vitamin E and C on melanocyte cultures. Smit N, Vicanova J. International Pigment Cell Congress, Egmont aan Zee, Netherlands. Sept. 11-13,2002.
- Abstract and Poster presentation:. Carotenoids in combination with vitamins E and C influence in vitro melanocyte growth and pigmentation. Smit N, Vicanova J. 11th Congress of European Society of Dermato-Venereology (EADV). Prague, The Czech Republic. Oct 2-6, 2002.
- Abstract and Oral presentation: Carotenoids in combination with vitamins E and C protect in vitro cultured melanocytes and influence pigmentation. Smit N, Vicanova J, Cramer P, Pavel S. International conference on oxidative stress in skin biology and medicine. Andros, Greece. Sept 18-21, 2003.
- Publication in international scientific journal: The combined effects of extracts containing carotenoids and vitamins E and C on growth and pigmentation of cultured human melanocytes'. Smit N, Vicanova J, Cramers P, Vrolijk H, Pavel S. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2004 Sep-Oct;17(5):238-45
Click here to view the IMEDEEN product range
Read more like this:
IMEDEEN: A Deeper Understanding
Skin Ageing in Your 30s
Skin Ageing in Your 40s
Skin Ageing in Your 50s
IMEDEEN Derma One™
IMEDEEN Time Perfection™
IMEDEEN Prime Renewal™
IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer™
Wrinkle Treatments at Boots WebMD