Dermatix Silicone Gel 15g - 1 tube
Buy 1 get 2nd half price on selected summer healthcare
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 176 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Dermatix Silicone Gel for scar reduction.
Dermatix is a Topical Silicone Gel that is transparent, self-drying and maintains the skin's moisture balance, aiding the management of scarred skin surfaces resulting from surgery, burns and other injuries.
Dermatix has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scarring as well as reduce the discoloration associated with scars. Dermatix gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures, and dries rapidly to form an invisible sheet.
- Softens and flattens raised scars.
- Fades red or dark scars.
- Relieves the itching and discomfort of scars.
How to use
- Dermatix must not be used on broken skin.
- Be careful if applying Dermatix around your eyelids to avoid contact with the eye
- The gel should be applied in a very thin layer to the affected area twice daily following the instructions below:
- Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry
- Gently spread a very thin coat over the affected site.
- Allow to air dry for 4-5 minutes before covering with clothing or make up
- (Please be aware that Dermatix may stain clothing if it is not completely dry)
The recommended minimum duration of use is 2 months
Further benefits may result from extended use.
Hazards and Cautions
When should Dermatix gel not be used?
- Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wound
- Dermatix should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or applied too close to the eyes
- Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
- Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
Rarely, the gel may cause redness, pain or irritation to the skin. If you are concerned about these or any other unwanted effects consult your pharmacist or doctor
How should Dermatix be stored?
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep gel away from the heat
- Store below 25°C
- Do not use after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack
Please read the full instructions before use.
Polysiloxane, silicon dioxide