Boots Knee Highs Flight Socks 14-17mmHg Natural Size 4-6 (2 Pairs)
Save 25 percent on selected Boots travel accessories
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 56 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Boots Knee Highs Flight Socks 14-17mmHg Natural Size 4-6 (2 Pairs).
- Clinically proven compression level.
- Helps reduce the risk of flight related DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
- Prevents swollen ankles.
- Prevents leg discomfort.
- For flights and long journeys.
- Suitable for adults.
Circulatory problems such as DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), and fluid build up, can occur when you spend any long period of time inactive, for example on long distance flights or journeys where conditions can also be very cramped. Boots Pharmaceuticals Flight Socks 14-17mmHg offer a clinically proven level of compression (14-17mmHg at the ankle), which helps to increase the blood flow, therefore reducing the risk of circulatory problems including flight-related DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
Why wear Boots Knee Highs Flight Socks 14-17mmHg?
Anyone who will be inactive for a long period of time (e.g. flights over 4 hours) may be at risk of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). This risk can be even greater if you fall into any one or more of the categories listed below. Please consult your doctor if you have any of these conditions:-
- Those who have blood clots already/have a family history of blood clots.
- Those suffering from or who have had treatment for cancer.
- Certain blood diseases.
- Treatment for heart failure or circulation problems.
- Recent surgery especially on the hips or knees.
- Those who have an inherited clotting tendency.
- Over 40 years of age.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have recently had a baby.
- If you are taking hormone replacement therapy.
- If you are taking the contraceptive pill.
Suitable for adults.
How to use
For full instructions please read enclose leaflet.
Boots Knee Highs Flight Socks 14-17 mmHg should be used independently and not in addition to normal socks.
- Always wear both knee highs throughout the journey.
- Ensure knee highs are pulled up to below the knee.
Please see enclosed leaflet for further details of activities you can do during your trip to further reduce the risk of circulatory problems.
If you experience any discomfort or pain during using use, discontinue use and consult your pharmacist.
If you are in any doubt about how to measure yourself correctly, please consult your pharmacist.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use if you have any of the following:-
- Serious circulatory problems.
- Leg swelling due to heart problems.
- Infection of the leg/phlebitis.
- Problems with nerves in the legs and feet leading to decreased sensation.
- Open leg sores below the knee.
- Currently use prescribed compression hosiery.
If you are in any doubt how to measure yourself correctly, please consult your pharmacist.
It is important that the correct size is worn, therfore please ensure you measure yourself using the guide below:
|Shoe Size||2-4 34-37||4-6 37-39||6-8 39-42|
|B||13"- 15" 33 - 38cm||14 - 16" 35.5 - 40.5cm||1 5- 17'' 38 - 43.5cm|
|C||8 - 9.25" 20.5 - 24.5cm||8.75 - 10.5"22.5 - 26.5cm||9.75 - 11.25" 24.5 - 29cm|
|D||8.25 - 9" 21- 23cm||9 - 9.75" 23 - 24.5cm||9.75 - 10.25" 24.5 - 26cm|
Lycra is a registered trademark of INVISTA
Colour- Natural 30 Denier