Boots Direct to Skin Heat Patch (4 Patches)
2 for €11 on Boots direct to skin heat patch
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 24 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Boots Pharmaceuticals Direct to Skin Heat Patch provide upto 8 hours of soothing pain relief from muscular aches and pains of the back and shoulder. Each patch is thin and discreet making them ideal for use wherever you are.
- Effective relief fro muscular aches and pains of the back and shoulder
- Lasts up to 8 hours
Suitable for use on adults and children over the age of 12.
How to use
Read full instructions before use.
Ensure that skin is clean and dry over the area of application.
Open the sachet by hand (do not cut) and remove the heat patch.
Peel away the protective film from the back of the patch.
Apply adhesive side of the patch to the skin over the painful area.
The heat patch warms up gradually and reaches maximum heat within approximately 30 minutes.
On flexible joints, use adhesive dressing tape to hold the patch in place along the edges but do not apply pressure by taping over the heat patch.
After use, slowly and carefully peel off the patch.
Hazards and Cautions
Do not use:
- On children 12 years and under.
- On red, inflammed, irritated, bruised or broken skin.
- With any creams, rubs or lotions, or other heat sources.
- Whilst sleeping.
- On areas of the body where heat cannot be felt.
- If you are bedridden or prone to skin ulcers.
- For more than 8 hours in a 24 hour period.
- If you have experienced allergic reactions to medicines or cosmetics in the past
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using if:
- You are pregnant.
- You have poor circulation or heart disease
- You have diabetes.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis.
- You have nerve damage or sensory impairment.
- You have a skin condition.
- You have delicate or ageing skin
If misused, the heat patch can cause burns even at low temperatures.
Follow the instructions and monitor frequently. To prevent the risk of burns.
- Allow air to circulate over the heat patch and do not apply pressure, for example by lying or sitting on the patch or by applying tight clothing over the patch.
- If the heat patch becomes uncomfortably hot or a rash develops, discontinue use immediately.
- The patch should be used with careful with careful supervision on those unable to remove the it by themselves, such as the elderly or the physically disabled.
- Do not cut or tear the patch. The contents can be harmful if ingested or if they come into contact with the skin or eyes. If they are swallowed or a patch bitten, rinse mouth with plenty of water. If they come into contact with the skin or eyes, rinse immediately with water. Seek medical advice in both instances.
- Do not bring heat patch into contact with water or other liquids.
- The heat patch is air activated, do not open the sachet until you are ready to use it.
- If your pain gets worse or remains unchanged after 7 days, stop use and seek medical advice, as this could be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Each patch is for single use.
- Do not microwave or try to re-heat the patch.
- It is normal to experience slight skin redness after removing the heat patch.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Use by expiry date shown on the pack.
Dispose of with normal household waste.
Do not incinerate the heat patch.
Iron, activated carbon, water.