Bold Metals Collection by Real Techniques 301 Flat Contour
A bit overpriced but an amazing brush
This brush has only one down side, its a little too pricey. I do think they could have achieved the same brush head without the quite so fancy handle and maybe made it more affordable. That said there are way too many plus points that the price doesnt matter.
This is the only brush I got from this collection because I felt it was the most unique, and contouring is so popular these days. The other brushes in fairness are MEH, i have them several times over and they were a lot cheaper.
This brush though.... let me tell you its amazing.
1. Its weighted so that when you apply it, the brush pulls down in your hand to give it a perfect angle for application.
2. It has white/ivory bristles so you can see just how much is on your brush - this is something i vital for blush, bronze and contour I feel, because it can be so easy to go too heavy with those products.
3. This is the most densely packed brush I have ever seen!
4. The bristles are super soft and feel lovely on the skin and blend your products seamlessly.
5. Its not too thin like other similar shaped contour brushes so you can get a nice blended out finish.
6. And finally lets face it, its very pretty to look at, its a pretty rose gold, so like the original brush collection these are colour coded according to what you use them for, silver for your eyes, rose gold for finishing - i.e contour and blush etc, and gold for your base products.
Overall, this brush was an investment worth making for me - its unlike anything else I won and is fantastic to use with amazing results. Would be nice to see more unique brushes from Real Techniques and perhaps a slightly lower price point on these brushes to make them more accessible for everyone to!
January 18, 2015
Beautiful but handle is already chipping
This brush from real techniques is firstly very beautiful to look at, the bristles are extremely soft to touch and are very dense, making it easy to pick up product. The weight in the handle makes it really easy to control and on application I can achieve a very precise contour. I like to blend out the powder slightly by applying upward strokes to the area, which makes it look less harsh.
My only disappointment for this brush is that the coating on the handle is already chipping off (I've owned this brush for 2 weeks and have only used it at home) I own many other brushes from the real techniques line and have never had this problem.
January 18, 2015
Perfect for conture
Great brush for conturing love the soft bristols and desing is very elegent looks very expensive and very nice love it.
January 19, 2015