Aerosure Medic Respiratory Device
In order to buy non-prescription medicines you must be a registered user of our site as we are obliged to record your transaction history. We also ask that you complete our questionnaire so our pharmacy team can check that this product is suitable for you to buy.
Disabled or chronically sick people can claim VAT relief on purchases for personal or domestic use that are applicable to their disability or sickness.
Collect 484 Boots Advantage Card points with this purchase
Aerosure Medic is a drug-free respiratory therapy device that is designed to reduce breathlessness and improve mucus clearance. Aerosure Medic was developed in partnership with clinical experts in Respiratory Medicine from leading UK Universities and hospitals.
Shortness of breath, a heavy congested chest and the associated coughing are just some of the common symptoms experienced by people with breathing and respiratory problems. Clinically tested in the UK, Aerosure Medic is a class 1 medical devic designed to help relieve these symptoms.
Aerosure is inteneded to:
- Reduce shortness of breath and relieve breathlessness with regular use
- Increase respiratory fitness with regular use
- Improve mucus and phlegm clearance
Consult your doctor if your symptoms persist or if you are unsure of the cause of your symptoms
The use of respiratory devices (IMT and oscillatory PEP)* have been shown to:
- Reduce breathlessness in healthy people and people with chronic heart failure and COPD
- Improve mucus clearance in people with asthma, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis
- Improve quality of life in people with COPD, bronchiectasis, asthma, cystic fibrosis and chronic heart failure
*Oscillatory PEP – Positive Expiratory Pressure
How to use
Please read product details carefully before use.
Aerosure Medic works by spinning a valve inside the device at high speed to rapidly open and close the flow of air in and out of the lungs. As you breathe through the mouthpiece the spinning valve creates resistance, vibrating the chest wall to work the lung muscles harder and reduce breathlessness.
For hygiene reasons once the box has been opened the product cannot be returned. This product is intended for a single user only – do not share the valve head or mouth piece with any other user. The charger and handle are covered by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. It is recommended that the Head is replaced every 6 months.
Hazards and Cautions
Aerosure Medic should not be used by people who:
- Have epilepsy
- Currently have or previously had Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- Have haemodynamic instability (abnormally high or low blood pressure, very slow or very fast heart rate) including severe right-sided heart failure with hypotension
- Currently have a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in the blood vessels in the lungs)
- Have oesophageal varices (enlarged veins in the walls of the oesophagus)
- Have recently had thoracic (chest) or upper gastro-intestinal tract (duodenum, stomach, oesophagus) surgery or trauma until completely healed
- Have had recent dental, head, neck, ear, nose & throat surgery or trauma until completely healed
- Have a broken rib until completely healed
- Have acute sinusitis or an active nosebleed
- Are experiencing active haemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Have raised intracranial pressure (abnormally high pressure in the skull and brain)
- Are pregnant